N.B. Crime Stoppers Inc. is committed to digital accessibility. N.B. Crime Stoppers is proud to partner with Level Access to ensure our website is accessible and functional for all our customers while providing free assistive technology for people with physical disabilities. View N.B. Crime Stoppers Inc.‘s accessibility statement below.
Click here to download free web-based Assistive Technology App
What is it?
The technology is a suite of keyboard, mouse and touch replacement solutions designed to make the digital world accessible to people with physical disabilities.
The application features tools such as:
- Hands-free mouse
- Voice commands
- Visual click assist
- On-screen keyboard
- Easy to use and can be activated quickly
Who is it for?
People who have trouble typing, moving a mouse or reading due to a variety of conditions such as:
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson's disease
- Cerebral Palsy (CP)
- Mild visual impairment
- Limited proficiency in English
- Literacy deficiencies
- Other learning or reading issues
How does it work?
The assistive technology is available for Windows, Mac, and Android devices.
Level Access’s innovative assistive technology application enhances the customer experience for people with disabilities. Accessibility is the process of creating experiences that are usable by people with the widest possible range of abilities. This doesn’t only refer to people with disabilities, about 15% of the world’s population, but all people.
Crime Stoppers enables UserWay's Accessibility Services
The following services are available on our website by clicking the blue icon to the left of the screen: Colour adjustment, content adjustment, cursor adjustment, highlight links and headers, magnifier, readable font, and pause animations.
N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. Accessibility Statement
Updated: January 2024
- N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. strives to ensure its services are accessible to people with disabilities. N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. has invested a significant amount of resources to help ensure that its website is made easier to use and more accessible for people with disabilities, with the strong belief that every person has the right to live with dignity, equality, comfort and independence.
- Accessibility on Crimenb.ca
- Crimenb.ca makes available the UserWay Website Accessibility Widget which is powered by a dedicated accessibility server. The software allows Crimenb.ca to improve its compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).
- Enabling the Accessibility Menu
- The Crimenb.ca accessibility menu can be enabled either by hitting the tab key when the page first loads or by clicking the accessibility menu icon that appears on the corner of the page. After triggering the accessibility menu, please wait a moment for the accessibility menu to load in its entirety.
- N.B. Crime Stoppers, Inc. continues its efforts to constantly improve the accessibility of its site and services in the belief that it is our collective moral obligation to allow seamless, accessible and unhindered use also for those of us with disabilities.
- In an ongoing effort to continually improve and remediate accessibility issues, we also regularly scan Crimenb.ca with UserWay's Accessibility Scanner to identify and fix every possible accessibility barrier on our site.
- Despite our efforts to make all pages and content on Crimenb.ca fully accessible, some content may not have yet been fully adapted to the strictest accessibility standards. This may be a result of not having found or identified the most appropriate technological solution.
- Here For You
- If you are experiencing difficulty with any content on Crimenb.ca or require assistance with any part of our site, please contact us during normal business hours as detailed below. We will be happy to assist.
- Contact Us
- If you wish to report an accessibility issue, have any questions or need assistance, please contact us.