‘LOCK IT or LOSE IT’ campaign to target theft from vehicles
The Southeast RCMP, along with the Insurance Bureau of Canada and the NB Provincial Auto Theft Network (NB PATNET) have partnered on a new crime prevention initiative.
The ‘LOCK IT or LOSE IT’ campaign is aimed at offering the public some simple techniques to deter thieves who steal from vehicles.
A vehicle with an unlocked door is an easy target. You can help protect your vehicle by ensuring the following:
– Roll up all vehicle windows.
– Don’t leave your keys in the vehicle.
– Lock your doors.
– Park in a well-lit area.
– Never leave valuables in plain view.
– Only give one key to a parking lot attendant.
– Keep your registration document and insurance with you, not in your glove compartment.
– Never leave your vehicle unattended while it is running.
If you notice any suspicious activity in your neighbourhood contact the RCMP at 1-888-506-RCMP (7267) or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS or at www.crimenb.ca.